Saturday, March 17, 2007

dear clara (six months and four days)


Wow wow wow wow wow. I have a confession to make. I have a *huge* crush on you. When I'm not with you, I daydream about your smooshable cheeks and hilarious melodic giggle. I can hardly believe you are the same 6 lb Claracub we brought home six months ago.

I can't seem to pull together an adequately gooshy letter this month, but don't want to drop the ball either. So instead, here's a barely annotated list of my favorite things about you and our last four weeks together:


Pets.
You have finally realized that you aren't the only shortish creature living in our house. You have not one, but three goofy fuzzy beasties available for your amusement. We've already seen the symbiotic relationship you have with Owen (scratch that... it's hardly symbiotic. He's more of a leech.), but your pet awareness has now extended to the rest of the family. Biani steers clear of your death grip, but Rocket, trained by Addie, has a healthy but sufficiently wary curiosity about you. And Bert (your pug-cousin) will tolerate just about anything. Just don't expect any Bert-kisses anytime soon, cuz they ain't gonna happen.


Swimming. (photo by Sarah Q)
We took you out to Palm Springs a couple of weeks ago, and took advantage of the toasty weather and the fact that you're old enough to slather your transparent skin with SPF 500 to take you swimming for the first time. So. Much. Fun. You must have inherited the Gaskins gene for being part-fish... I can't wait for this summer. (And also check out how you rocked the watermelon bikini, an awesome hand-me-down from cousin Molly.)

I also love...

Making you giggle by eating your toes and tummy.

Your impeccable posture when sitting up. (usually right before you tip over... but the duration of time before this happens is lengthening by the day)

The gleeful "mmmmmmmmmmmm" noise you make after Every Single Bite of food.

The sweet high-pitched singsong babble you make while lying in bed after your morning feeding, while I fruitlessly try to get a few more zzzzzz's.


You are my light, my little ClaraGlowBug.

I love you,
Mama

1 comment:

Sarah Q said...

happy 6 months little bean! addie can't wait to go swimming with you (just so long as the pool water is very, very warm)