Monday, April 09, 2007

thanks easter bunny

I've always known that I am a lucky girl to have so many loved ones in my life. But since Clara was born, this feeling has been more acute than ever. Chria and I have had a lot of sappy conversations about the circle of life and how, now that Clara is in our lives, we feel like we are a part of something much bigger than ourselves. Saturday night was one of those sweet times where this really sank in.

I mean... not everyone is fortunate enough to have a family where it takes four gramma-aunties to help a two year old dye Easter eggs.



(Apparently Tracey and I should have gotten some help too... wouldn't you think nursing school would give you the smarts not to stick your hands in egg dye? I don't know what my excuse is.)

Or where it's okay (or even expected) to walk around with stickers on your forehead.


And even if Gramma doesn't understand what "Represent." means, it's okay because she and the Easter Bunny work really well together to put together the best Easter baskets ever.



I could go on and on (and if I had enough wine, on and on and on and on and on...). But it really comes down to this. To my family, I love you.
We are so blessed.

1 comment:

PerryBlog said...

Clara is getting so big - and yet, still cute as can be! And we love you, too, Hazlitts. Even though we're not technically family...