In addition to her smooth Pilates moves (below), Miss Clara can do downward facing dog with style, and uses this to move herself backwards quite efficiently. This has gotten her into some sticky situations. And being the good mom that I am, I make sure to take out my camera and document them before extracting her.

This weekend Clara achieved forward motion for the first time- and boy, was she pissed about it. It took about 20 minutes of being bribed by the promise of the remote control, but she inchwormed about six feet, huffing and puffing and protesting the entire time, and then proceeded to be cranky for the rest of the evening. (Can't say I blame her, really... I'm such a mean mama! But it's good practice for her Capoeira classes and Japanese flashcards, which we start next week. No pain, no gain, right?) We probably have another week or two before she becomes a speed-demon, but I guess this means it's time to childproof. (And dust the rungs on our chairs before they get used as chew-toys again. Gross.)
2 comments:
Capoeira classes and Japanese flashcards?? Do I even want to know?
1st birthday: german flashcards coming right up! (I never even mastered downward dog... and she makes it look so easy)
Post a Comment