Friday, August 03, 2007

things i like (7)


Apparently I haven't liked too many things lately, since this is the first item I've put up here in quite some time. But it's a worthwhile one to return with, because I really, really, really, REALLY like this book. The illustrations are colorful and incredibly sweet, it features a cute kitty and a cute doggy (both of whom appear to be well behaved) as supporting characters, and most importantly, it's a hoot to read aloud.

It starts off with a cranky baby who is ready for bed, and poses this question:


Chria and I like to sit and read this with Clara together, with one of us doing the reading and the other doing the kissing. (If reading it solo with Clara on one's lap, the kissing requires acrobatic feats of flexibility that neither of us possess, so in this case two is definitely better than one.)

CJ is starting to anticipate the kisses now, which makes this even more of a joy to read. I think she likes the four warm kisses on two baby hands the best, since she'll hold up her hands to be kissed. It feels like such a sweet way to wrap up Clara's day- I hope this one will be a favorite for a while to come.

No comments: