Wednesday, November 07, 2007

One bird two bird three bird four.


This is the 100th post on Dear Hazel. What important milestone shall I document for this momentous occasion?

How about some pictures from our aquarium visit last week? Will that do?

Demonstrating her "wowwwww" posture.

Unfortunately we don't have any pictures of the special guest stars who we were delighted to run into on a quiet Sunday morning. But here's a hint. Their names rhyme with Clara, Map, and Caddy.

We've taken Clara to the Aquarium of the Pacific two or three times already, but this was the first trip that she really *got* it. There were otters! And lorikeets! (peep peep peep peep) And birds that SWIM! (peep peep fishy kisses? peep peep) We signed up for a family membership before we left that day- I can see this being something that we'll do a lot. All three of us had a blast, and I think as Clara gets older and more curious, it's only going to get better and better.

I didn't take very many photos, because I was having more fun being a part of her day there instead of trying to document it. But here's a small sampling for your enjoyment.

Peep peep.

Escaping the divebombing lorikeets.

It's best to get comfortable before viewing exotic sea creatures.

5 comments:

Sarah Q said...

i love that last photo! (and a great reason to go the aquarium when it first opens.) Great minds think alike!

Laura said...

Haven't heard much about claras schedule currently... is she waking up early? Early enough to go be fed, dressed and at a public location at the time it opens?? Do Jamie and Chria sleep-in anymore?? So many questions...

jamie said...

what is this "sleeping in" of which you speak?

Laura said...

Ahhh, very telling...

Chria said...

It's true that sleeping in is a thing of the past, but in the interest of full-disclosure I must say that the aquarium doesn't open until 9am, and we didn't get there until 9:45. Early by college student standards, but not exactly the crack of dawn.