Tuesday, February 12, 2008

just another rotten february day

On Sunday, the Gacinas invited us to a traditional February activity. No snowmen, hot cocoa, or ice skating here...

Clara wasn't so sure about the pool at first.

Especially when Matteo chastised her for eating right before swimming.

Luckily I was there to ward off any sudden dangerous cramps, and before long Clara was demonstrating her waterbaby prowess by splishing, splashing, jumping, and giving me heart attacks by fearlessly sprinting down the pavement back towards the pool every time we got out.

While this was an incredibly lovely day, I have to admit that I hope it cools down and at least pretends to be "winter" for another month or so here. (Especially since we have two upcoming ski trips in March!)

But come summer, you'll know where to find us.

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

sigh .....:p

Sarah Q said...

we went swimming too on sunday. in the hot tub. only i thought it was too cold and got out.

PerryBlog said...

Oh, you crazy Californians! Clara is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

How could Clara be anything other than a waterbaby? I can't wait to swim with her one of these days. She'll leave me in her wake.

Laura said...

Ridiculous! Oder, soll ich sagen: Quatsch!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you can swim or even go outside in anything less than a bundle like up here in yucky ol Washington!