Friday, June 13, 2008

happy to you marco.


I think that everyone should be required to sneak out of their workplaces early on Friday afternoons with the sole intention of flying kites with toddlers. What an incredibly civilized way to begin the weekend.

Clara not only got to romp around with her LMUCC buddies in a huge field on a perfect kite-flying day (although she was admittedly more interested in clambering all over a stroller than she was flying kites), but she got to hang out with Marco.

*Swoon*

Clara talks about Marco all the time... if one can call repeating Marco's name over and over and over and over and over "talking about" someone. This week is the first time I've heard her sing songs to herself that seem somewhat recognizable. On the way home from work on Tuesday, she was singing "Happy to you, happy to you. Happy to you Marco. Happy to you." I don't feel the need to tell CJ that Marco's birthday isn't until October. Come to think of it, it's sort of nice that, until then, there's a special song that doesn't require a birthday celebration to sing. 

2 comments:

lisat said...

That is so sweet. Who is Marco?

Anonymous said...

I can't get over what a difference 3 years makes!
If I were to lie next to someone who was 35...it just wouldn't have the same effect!
LOVE these babies
sarah