
I have tried to sit down and write a one year letter to you over a dozen times now, and keep finding that words are failing me. I've tried to find new ways each month to express the awe and love that you have filled my life with, but I have come to the conclusion that, by now you must know how I feel. And in a few (too) short years, you'll still know, but will most likely be embarrassed by it. ("Mooooommmmmm.... stop it!") And then, hopefully... some more time will pass, you'll know again, and you won't mind so much anymore.
Wow though. just, wow. We visited a friend with a five week old baby the other day, and it seems impossible that you were that small and helpless and squawky, just a few short months ago. (Although you're still quite capable of squawking). I remember wanting to stop time back then, thinking that you were so incredibly perfect and tiny and soft, and lamenting that you wouldn't always be that way. It's a good thing wishes don't come true, because if they did, I wouldn't know you now. And now? I absolutely can't get enough of you. You can walk, run, and play with other kids, you sleep a ton, you love to read (both to be read to and to "read" to yourself, which i love.), you eat just about everything (on your own terms, thank you very much), your laugh makes me swoon, and this communication thing is just starting to become a two way street. I could go on and on. Let's just have time stop here instead, okay? (There's a lesson to be had somewhere in here... I'm sure.)
Although I plan to keep up this blog as often as I can, this will likely be the last of my monthly letters. It's probably fitting, since you've now officially graduated from celebrating monthly birthdays. I might slip another letter in here and there as the mood strikes me. But until then, I'll sign off for the last time. I love you, dear Clara bear, from the top of your floppy blond cowlick to the bottom of your teeny tubby, sometimes grubby toes, and every sweet detail in between.
For now, and forever,Mama
(many thanks to Sarah Q for my new favorite photo of CJ. taken september 08, 2007.)
3 comments:
Clara is a lucky gal to have such amazing parents. Your pals on the other side of the 10 and the 405 sure think the whole Hazlitt Clan is a rockin' bunch.
I know someone said this a post or two ago, but clara looks so much like chria! All the snapshots of her past 12 months have been great, and I have loved looking at them.
Clara is so beautiful! I really enjoy looking at your updates and pictures. I can't believe she's over a year old now.
Post a Comment