
Most of my friends and family know that I've been fretting about introducing Rocket and his new sister ever since I found out I was pregnant. And if my Flickr page is any indication, Rocket is also my favorite photographic subject. (Although he has some pretty stiff competition now...) The above picture was taken the night that we went to the hospital. I think he definitely knew something was up.
So how has the transition been for our moody little dog?
Unfortunately, we don't know quite yet. As I type this, Chria is out getting our windows tinted in the Subaru (getting ready for our new career in street-racing), after which he is going to pick up the dog from Mike's house, where he has been kicking it with Bert the pug for the last 10 days. We sent Mike home with a blanket that Clara had been swaddled in so that Rocket could at least get introduced to her smell before he comes home. Mike reported that the dog snorfled the blanket for an hour or so, and then proceeded to sleep in a ball at the opposite end of the crate from the foreign object. I'm trying not to read too much into this.
I'm both nervous about his re-entry into our new life and looking forward to having the little guy home. It seems strange here without him, so it'll be nice to have our family complete again. That said, I can't guarantee that the title of my next blog post won't be "Sending Rocket Back to Uncle Mike's."
No comments:
Post a Comment