
On a whim today I decided to investigate how my body would deal with a pair of non-maternity pants.
Jeans, even.
These are not my skinny jeans- not even close. I'm not a masochist: I don't plan to attempt those until I can get myself back in the pool for a while. They are, however, my trustiest pair of jeans. A pair of Levis that I wish, OH how I wish, I had bought three pairs of back in 2002, because Levis no longer makes this model. They fit me when was at my pre-triathlon weight, and they fit me a wee bit looser, but still stylish in a casual boyfriend jean sorta way after the training & race. They even fit me while I was in a full-leg cast for 6 weeks after breaking my leg in spring 2005. The jeans even bear more of a scar from that experience than I do: there is now a frayed hole on the inside of the right thigh from where the edge of the cast rubbed. (Which might have been cool in a skanky high school girl sense back in the 90s, but now makes me wonder why I keep putting off going to buy one of those iron on patches to extend the life of my beloved.) They are frayed and worn in just the right places, and not because I paid $250 to achieve this look off the rack (like said skinny jeans), but by good old fashioned wear and tear over the course of five years. Oh God... how fuddy duddy did I sound just then?
And now, after going nearly seven months in maternity pants, my trusty Levis are now back where they belong. I admit, I do have a little bit of a muffin top going on, but since I was pregnant 3 weeks ago, I'm not sweating this too much. I am, however, still ignoring the skanky frayed hole, so would appreciate it if you would too.
Okay, narcissistic post over.
Clara beckons, so it's back to important things.
2 comments:
Jamie -
Clara is adorable and I love how she is swimming in that onesie. They grow so fast! (That's so cliche, I know, but I can't believe how fast three months flies by). Anyway - congrats, and I hope that hbotb dvd helps!
-Reid
yay jeans! congrats on that!
Post a Comment