I like Curious George. I don't remember H.A. & Margret Rey's books being my absolute favorites when I was little, but George and The Man With the Yellow Hat lurk somewhere in my childhood consciousness next to Madeline and her ilk, so i must have been fond of them. We've been listening to Jack Johnson's soundtrack to the Curious George Movie for a few months now, so when Chria saw the movie on sale at Costco, he bought it with the excuse of building our children's dvd library. We finally got around to watching it on Saturday night after putting Clara to bed, and loved the movie, in spite of Carina Chocano's beef about George having eyeballs.
Chria observed that CG is basically a sweet, silly, flirtatious toddler in a monkey suit, so watching the movie through our goofball new parent eyes provided plenty of "aw" moments. The best part? (Aside from some very cute antics with a chameleon.) A clever answer to the long-standing mystery as to why The Man in the Yellow Hat is wearing yellow. And no, I won't tell you what it is... you'll have to watch it and learn for yourself.
It'll be a while before Clara starts watching feature films, but if she chooses this to be one in heavy rotation (like Dumbo, Annie, and Grease II were for me), I wouldn't object one bit.
2 comments:
this is so funny! just today i was looking for curious george board books at the library because tayloe loves cg. he can take or leave tv, but sometimes i turn the cg cartoon on pbs on in the morning and he gets totally wrapped up in it. i also have the movie trailer saved on my computer. it's good stuff fer sure.
Somehow I dont have ANY memories of CG as a kid. I was a serious Babar, the Bearenstein Bears and Dr. Seuss lover. Had Olivia been around, I bet I would have liked her too. :)
Post a Comment